3.20.2018

Modern Quilt Guild Swap

One of the few perks of membership in the greater Modern Quilt Guild in which I participate is the annual MQG Swap now in its second year. I was paired with Linda McLaren aka the Quilting Biker from Ontario, Canada. She is a tremendously talented longarmer and quilter.

At the time I was making my mini to swap, I was also experimenting with a simple loom I had gotten Anne for Christmas a couple of years prior. I decided to bind and finish one of the woven quilts I had made as a part of this experiment.

arts&craftshome_MQGSwap_Strips

arts&craftshome_MQGSwap_IPloom

I used fabric from a MQG Michael Miller Challenge for the back and as the guide for my quilting. Knowing that this mini was for a talented machine quilter - which I am decidedly not - was a little intimidating, for sure. (Photo credit: Linda McLaren)

arts&craftshome_MQGSwap_Back

Here is the finished mini I sent: (Photo credit: Linda McLaren)

arts&craftshome_MQGSwap_Front

Here is the beautiful mini I received. One of the things I love about quilts is that I receive quilts outside my typical colors, fabrics and patterns. I love when my partners experiment as I have often used swaps as motivation to try something new. Linda knocked it out of the park!

arts&craftshome_MQGSwap_Received

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Shrimp Gyro Sliders

My trip to Costco last week was the entire inspiration behind this particular discovery. Giant juicy shrimp, tangy tzatziki sauce, and mini ...