It's spring break at Nebraska so while that doesn't really affect my work life, it does make things really quiet at the office. It also makes our nights a little less busy and a little more at home.
A few highlights from this week:
- Anne and I have made it to all of the Lenten services so far this year. Five down, one to go. Our church shares a pastor with another little church and so we alternate sites during Lent. Anne has won over the folks at the other church. This week, one of the guys gave her cookies and another money for the offering plate.
- I've actually been in the office everyday this week. I've accomplished things. I've also found times when I've sat in my chair at my desk for three or four hours at a time and feel awfully stiff.
- We got some serious rain. It's been dry. Very dry. While I've appreciated above average temperatures and not having to deal with snow this winter, it does not make the fields very ready for spring planting right around the corner. Nearly a week of slow, steady rain was a gift. Thank you, but I am glad to see the sun again, too.
Here are some of my favorite finds of the week:
- Sweet Paul's Monochromatic Stamp Collage
- Maple-Mustard Glazed Chicken by For the Love of Cooking
- Plaid Benches by Raw Edges
- Me Sew Crazy's Wavy Tunic
- Silk Dyed Eggs by Our Best Bites
- BlogResipi's Baked Finnish Pancakes with Raspberries
- Pipette Art by Irresistible Ideas
- Cilantro Lime Tacos Freezer Meal from What's Cooking Chicago
- Jillibean Soup's You Shine So Bright Layout
- Travel Checkers from Tanya Whelan's book Sew What You Love
- Bean Bag Cubes from The Ochre Elephant
Saturday is free so hopefully I'll get to tackle a few of these great projects! I hope you have a relaxing weekend!