12.05.2018

Girls, Inc., Plus-Block Quilt

One of my quilting friends in the Omaha Modern Quilt Guild was approached by Omaha's Girls, Inc., about providing quilts to a new facility they will be opening in early 2019 for girls who have aged out of the foster care system. This was a project I was happy to contribute. Early in the year I told Kim I would make a quilt - one of seventeen or so to be donated.

I went through my stash and selected a stack of fabrics I thought would be fun and appreciated by girls in their late teens and early twenties. I opted to make a giant plus-block quilt to highlight the fabrics.

arts&craftshome_GirlsInc

The quilting and binding were done by Jillian Hoistad of Lincoln, Nebraska. She did a beautiful job, and I'm so glad she could be a part of this project. She has an amazing heart and was very excited to be a part of something that will empower girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Shrimp Gyro Sliders

My trip to Costco last week was the entire inspiration behind this particular discovery. Giant juicy shrimp, tangy tzatziki sauce, and mini ...