Yesterday was free after worship and the church's annual meeting. We spent the day reading, playing with the Minnie Puppy and hanging out on the Big Girl Potty. Today, we are off to the local children's museum. I know, it will be crazy as many local schools are off today and so are lots of parents ....
This week is a little bit of quiet before the storm. On Saturday, I get to fly to Anchorage. Yes, Anchorage, Alaska. I am so excited! I get to be there for a little over a week, mostly training a new site for work, but I hope to get to do a little exploring along the way. Because of crazy airfares, it was cheaper, a lot cheaper, for me to fly in on Saturday rather than Sunday so I get one whole day to explore! It will also be the only explore day I'll have during daylight hours. This week is pretty quiet with a regular work schedule and only one night activity.
To give you the full week's menu plan, I'll start with last night. Last week's plan was mostly from Pinterest. This week, I've got a couple of sources, but a couple of meals are coming from what has become my go-to cookbook the last few years, Rachel Ray's 365: No Repeats.
- Sunday: Pork Chops with Bacon and Cabbage from Everyday Food via the Bitten Word. Delish! And, since the hubs isn't so fond of cabbage, two days of lunch leftovers for me!
- Monday: "Big, Thick, Hearty Thighs ... and That's a Compliment" RR 365, page 46
- Tuesday: Thyme Pork Chops with Roasted Cauliflower. This link is similar to a recipe I've made enough times that I cannot find the book in which it is published. I thought it was the RR 365 book ....
- Wednesday: Swiss Mushroom Melts from Perry's Plate. I have some leftover roasted chicken I think I'll use instead of the turkey.
- Thursday: Spring Rush for the sorority I advise
- Friday: Beef Goulash, RR 365 page 3
- Saturday: I am off to Alaska!