1.31.2018

2018 Quilting Goals

I know. It's a few hours away from February, and I am finally posting my 2018 goals. They've been pretty well formed in my mind for awhile now, but I hadn't had a chance to jot them down here.

  1. Quilt more. This is always a goal. I've got a lot going on and sometimes there aren't enough hands to keep all the balls in the air. While sometimes it seems like quilting is just another one of these things, it is also so very therapeutic and helps me process everything else. I'm not really an extravert nor an introvert rather somewhere in between and situational, to some extent. Quilting fulfills both of these needs. Four guilds - yes, four - cover my extraverted self. The actual quilting, for me, is an excellent introverted activity.
  2. Document my quilting. I jump on and off the blogging bandwagon pretty readily. Life happens. However, this is one of few places I document my quilty work. Instagram is pretty complete, but the short format doesn't always allow for detail pics or the full quilt story.
  3. Quilt for us. Last year quilting for others was a goal, and I was successful in donating three quilts plus gifting a couple. This year, I still have a couple of important donation quilts planned plus a few gifts, but we really need a couple of quilts that live here. The quilt I started over ten years ago for our bed is still in pieces in a Ziplock bag. We could use a couple of throws to live on the couch for cool nights - our house lives between 58-60 degrees all winter long. I've started the National Quilter's Circle Quilt Block Challenge and pulled fabric for the Bernina/We All Sew QAL. I've also been gathering supplies for Stephanie Jacobsen's Plus Block QAL, #plusblockqal. One of these (or two) may end up a donation quilt, but at least one is going to live on my couch.
  4. Publish a pattern. I've been designing quilts for awhile now, but I have yet to actually publish a pattern. It's about time.
  5. Finish. Finish. Finish. Last year's commitment to the APQ UFO Challenge was successful. I finished about half of the projects and made progress on all but two. I again have a list and am 1-0 as January's project was a finish (and it's already been gifted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Shrimp Gyro Sliders

My trip to Costco last week was the entire inspiration behind this particular discovery. Giant juicy shrimp, tangy tzatziki sauce, and mini ...