1.19.2018

FLW-inspired Tattoo

A late Christmas present to myself was a second tattoo. While it took me nearly two decades to decide what my first tattoo should look like, additional ideas came pretty easily once the first was done.

This tattoo is based on a stained glass installation Frank Lloyd Wright designed for Taliesen West. George and I both appreciate the architecture and design of Frank Lloyd Wright. (Image Source: Wright Design)

I have not yet been to Taliesen West, but the shape of the design appealed to me as its use of negative space is quilt-like. I did opt to change the color palette to cool aquas and purples. My tattooist took a little liberty with the arrangement of the panels to fit in the space requested. The tattoo is on my upper left chest in an area that can be shared or concealed by selecting a top.

arts&craftshome_FLWTattoo_Sketch

I am thrilled with the work of Natasha Greenwade. She is local - in the little town near where I live. Her web site is a little out of date as she has closed her downtown studio and returned to graduate school. Here is the finished tattoo:

arts&craftshome_FLWTattoo

I'm already thinking about what to do next ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Shrimp Gyro Sliders

My trip to Costco last week was the entire inspiration behind this particular discovery. Giant juicy shrimp, tangy tzatziki sauce, and mini ...