1.14.2019

PQ10.1: Hope Springs Eternal

I've dabbled with Kim Lapacek's Project Quilting for a few years. Until now, though, I've only ever finished and posted one project, last year's tiny Nebraska Home quilt. 2019 started with quite a few small and medium projects in my head and on my drawing board. Project Quilting seems like a good way to make some of them happen.

The first challenge was "Hope Springs Eternal". I had been making and discarding drafts of my miniquilt for the Modern Quilt Guild's MiniQuilt Swap. Some scraps from a couple of attempts became this pillow cover.

To more literally fit in the theme I added some vintage rick rack found at an estate sale. The finished project holds a 12" x 16" pillow form.

>arts&craftshome_PQ10.1_Hope

The pillow may become a piece of holiday decor or get gifted to my niece whose name happens to be Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Shrimp Gyro Sliders

My trip to Costco last week was the entire inspiration behind this particular discovery. Giant juicy shrimp, tangy tzatziki sauce, and mini ...