1.20.2019

2019 Quilting Goals

I've felt for awhile now, that I've been on there right track with my quilting goals. For 2019, I want to continue the work I started in 2018.

2019 Quilting Goals

  • Quilt more. This is always a goal. I've got a lot going on and sometimes there aren't enough hands to keep all the balls in the air. While sometimes it seems like quilting is just another one of these things, it is also so very therapeutic and helps me process everything else. I'm not really an extravert nor an introvert rather somewhere in between and situational, to some extent. Quilting fulfills both of these needs. Four guilds - yes, four - cover my extraverted self. The actual quilting, for me, is an excellent introverted activity.
  • Document my quilting. I jump on and off the blogging bandwagon pretty readily. Life happens. However, this is one of few places I document my quilty work. Instagram is pretty complete, but the short format doesn't always allow for detail pics or the full quilt story.
  • Quilt for us. A visitor to our house would have no idea a quilter lives there until they find my studio at the top of the stairs. I started a couple of quilts last year with the intent of letting them live on the couch. One is ready to bind and one is about half pieced. I want to finish these and maybe more in 2019.
  • Publish a pattern. I've been designing quilts for awhile now, but I have yet to actually publish a pattern. It's about time.
  • Finish. Finish. Finish. For a couple of years I have participated in the All People Quilt UFO Challenge on Facebook. It has been helpful to set goals and keep a spreadsheet of in-progress projects. I will participate again this year, but I don't think I am going to designate a project per month in advance. Rather, I think I would prefer to intentionally work on an UFO each month.
  • Teach others. For the last few years I have spent some time quilting with youth. Anne finished her first quilt and entered it as a 4-H project at the county fair and in the Nebraska State Fair Open Class Quilt Show. I also taught some workshops with local 4-H youth. I'd like to pursue more teaching opportunities with youth and adults.

As is typical, my goals are not about specific projects, per se. I do have a few projects I want to tackle this year:

  • Temperature Quilt Many members of the Omaha Modern Quilt Guild are making temperature blocks. Led by our resident meteorologist, Weather Ninja, we have all designated our own color palettes, scales, and specific weather phenomena that will be a part of our quilt. Mine is the #roygbivtemperaturequilt that I am improv piecing. Follow all of the quilts at #tempquilt19omqg.
  • Gypsy Wife Quilt Last year I got as far as pulling fabric for the Just Wanna Quilt Gypsy Wife Quilt Along. I've found another that has a little slower pace and am going to jump in and tackle this as my 2019 big quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Shrimp Gyro Sliders

My trip to Costco last week was the entire inspiration behind this particular discovery. Giant juicy shrimp, tangy tzatziki sauce, and mini ...