2.10.2019

PQ10.3 - Bigger than a Breadbox

Project Quilting Challenge 3 fell on a challenging week for me - I was going to be out of town for a work conference from Tuesday through late Friday. I had a couple of small, potentially quick projects in my head. Of course the challenge had a size minimum attached .... always my luck when I try to plan ahead.

Shwin and Shwin's Hipster Cat Quilt had been on my list for quite awhile. There were at least three baby quilts I thought this might be a good pattern for, one of which is my next door neighbor who will soon be two. The simple, straight-line appliqué had the potential to be a quick finish.

With this project in mind, I purchased the background and backing fabrics at Fabrictopia in San Antonio. Fabrictopia felt a bit like a Project Runway shopping moment and so it seemed appropriate for a Project Quilting challenge.

I made a few minor adjustments to the outlines before printing the pattern.

arts&craftshome_PQ10.3_HipsterCat_IP

From start to finish, the quilt top took me about two hours. Sandwiching, pinning, very simple quilting and binding took another three to four. Not only was I happy with the resulting product, it fit in my timeframe.

arts&craftshome_PQ10.3_HipsterCat

As you can see, I finished this up during a snow event. This disrupted our satellite internet service, and I wasn't able to get the quilt posted in time to linkup to the Project Quilting Challenge 3 post for voting purposes, but the quilt was finished on time and will be a great gift for a certain two-year-old down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Shrimp Gyro Sliders

My trip to Costco last week was the entire inspiration behind this particular discovery. Giant juicy shrimp, tangy tzatziki sauce, and mini ...