2.24.2019

PQ10.4 Pixel Play

The fourth Project Quilting Challenge also fell during a week without a lot of extra opportunity to sew. I was at another work conference - the Nebraska Asphalt Paving Conference from Monday to Wednesday.

I did not have a great idea immediately for the pixel quilt. Browsing cross stitch patterns was an early, but unsuccessful step. A relatively simple cross stitch pattern was 100 x 100 pixels in size. I did not have time to make a king-sized quilt during that week!

My work conference and recent efforts to organize and access my UFO's left me with the perfect opportunity to make a traffic cone quilt! A colleague's 3D-printed traffic cone earrings may have also nudged me this way. [wink] [wink]

Using leftover pieces and strips from "Look Both Ways, Don" proved useful in depicting a traffic cone on an asphalt roadway. Some of the orange squares are made from safety vest material.

arts&craftshome_PQ10.4_TrafficCone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Shrimp Gyro Sliders

My trip to Costco last week was the entire inspiration behind this particular discovery. Giant juicy shrimp, tangy tzatziki sauce, and mini ...